11 June 2011

And we're off to the races again!

The track probably isn't the best place for a gambling'-lovin' unemployed gal to go when she's feeling down, but how do you turn down an invitation to the Belmont?! This was the second year that I have gone with a good friend of mine and her family to the races and it was a ball, aside from the random temperature drop and the rain.

Low Points:
- Our car broke down before we even left the city. Quite an embarrassing yet memorable event, I have to say. I don't think I've ever been called so many profane names before.

- Watching a horse slide and twist his ankle. God, that nearly killed me. His jockey jumped off and neither fell, but to see that beautiful horse trying to stand, let alone walk, was enough to make me cry.


High Points:
- Laughing over the broken down car and hanging out with a mechanic named Ricardo.

-One of my friends managed to make some awesome dough on the Belmont Race. I lost everything while she destroyed it! It was great just being the excited for someone; I felt like I was back in Vegas!

-Oh, and then I pulled a Chinese Fire Drill in a red bug on 24th and Broadway. That was pretty freaking awesome.




All in all, I got some great laughs and great writing material out of the whole bit.

-E

No comments: