26 July 2010

Baby Got Back!

After a month of internet silence ... I'M BACK! So much has happened, and I'm just that awesome that I'm going to list it all for you to out there on the internet to read. Because I know you're there. Somewhere, you are.


July 4th
Oh the lovely day of Independence! I kept up my tradition of heading to the West Side and hanging out in Hudson River Park. Must say, the fireworks this year completely trumped last years. By a long shot. But then again, having the majority of the fireworks actually be red, white, and blue does tend to actually help. Just a thought.

The World Cup
Spain won and I wanted to punch someone in the throat. This is not an exaggeration. I was going through security at JFK when time was up, and all I heard was this loud rumble of cheer from down below.


Las Vegas
In turn with the above, I was at JFK because I traveled to the fabulous city of sin for my friend Todd's 21st birthday. We sent the week gambling and living in luxury. That is all I'll say, because, well ... it was Vegas. I'm not even going to bother reciting the expected.

Rhode Island
I took another road trip to the lovely New England state of Rhode Island with my friends Abby, Cayla, Lauren, and Elizabeth. After a total of 14 hours in the car, we kayaked, lounged on the beach, swam in a river, drove through Providence, and ended up in good 'old Beantown. All in all it was an amazing weekend, complete with a souvenir sunburn :)

Internship
I got one! Simple enough! I applied to work for MTV Networks a few months back, scored 2 interviews, and was then offered a position with Nickelodeon's Nick Jr. Development and Production team! Literally, the only negative is that my office is in the heart of Time Square, aka Dante's 8th ring of hell. BUT, there is redemption! The studio is amazing AND there is a Starbucks right across the road!

Good Craic
And last, but never least, I spent some amazing quality time with some of my friends from Ireland! We went to this pub down on 1st and 1st called One and One, had a couple of pints, and mused over the dream that was our Irish experience. Conclusion? We all want to go back right now. And see Michael West's play at the Abbey Theatre!

Now, I promise I'll be around more to give my little quips and opinions on random miscellany. Just you wait!

-E

No comments: